Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ant and Grasshopper


Reader’s Response:

Title: Ant and Grasshopper

Student’s Name: Beatriz Zambrano Serrano

Genre: Fantasy

Pages: 313-314



1.    Identify the meaning of a symbol in the story.

The ant is a symbol of hard-working, while the grasshopper is a symbol of laziness.

2.    State the theme and defend it in a paragraph.

In good times prepare for when the bad times come. The ant was working all the summer, so she would survive the winter. In the meantime the grasshopper was cheerful, so he doesn’t have any food or house for the winter and it is highly unlikely that he’ll survive.

3.    Describe the main internal and external conflict.

The main internal conflict is that the ant had to work while the grasshopper had fun. Still, she didn’t give up, but work harder.

The external conflict is that the grasshopper was asking for help, but the ant didn’t help him, not even a little.

4.    Compare the lesson learned (theme) to a lesson you or someone you know has experienced.

Last summer I spent a lot of time doing nothing but had fun. I didn’t study Chinese. Then, when I came here I had a horrible time because I didn’t know how to say anything. In the summer I should have studied and prepared for my Chinese.
5.    Compare a symbol in the story to a similar symbol in your life or someone you know.

The grasshopper is a symbol for laziness, another symbol for laziness could be a man lying on the sofa drinking beer while an empty pizza box lays on the ground.

6.    Compare the struggle in the story to a similar struggle you or someone you know has experienced.

We had a huge test on a Monday last year, the test was super important and everyone was studying really hard to get a good grade. Well, on Sunday evening one of my classmates call me and tells me to help him study. I tell him that there is no time and that he should have studied before. Then, next morning during the test, he asked me if he could copy and I said “no way, do you know how hard I’ve studied for this?”


No comments:

Post a Comment