Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Most Fun I Ever Had


Beatriz Zambrano Serrano

Mrs. Wheeler

Writing Class

Most Fun I Ever Had

11th June, 2012

The Skyscraper City



            I have a lot of unforgettable experiences in my life, but if I have to choose one, I’ll choose, without any doubt, my last Christmas vacations. My dad and my sister came to China to visit me and we had an amazing, wonderful time travelling around. We went to the skyscraper city of Hong Kong. There, we went to the beautiful world of Disneyland, and to the best amusement park in the history of the world. It was the first time of my life that I saw such high buildings, and because I haven’t had seen my family in a long time, it was just marvelous.

            When we arrived in Hong Kong, I was a little bit deception because I could see the polluted clouds in the sky, the fog running after me like I was guilty of a crime. I felt contaminated and suffocated, the pollutes were going down my throat. However, everything changed when I saw the hotel we were staying in. It was absolutely, imaginably breathtaking. The staff was really nice and they helped us out with anything we needed, from carrying suitcases to telling us what places and restaurants we should go.

The first night, my dad told us that we should just walk around, so we did. I have never seeing a more modern city than Hong Kong. There are huge gigantic televisions in the streets. When people walk around, they stop and get entertained watching cartoons, or the news.. And the buildings, that was the best of the best. It seemed like they were touching the heavens with their proud roofs. In some, I could see myself reflected in them. The offices, shopping malls, and hotels were as beautiful and shiny as diamonds. My neck hurt after a while, because I could not stop looking at the sky. I just cold not, but I did not mind at all. I wanted to picture them in my head so I would not forget how amazed I was, and still am, about them. I was directly staring at them.  Not only the buildings were amazing, but the streets too. The streets had different smells, and different people living in them. I was surprised because Hong Kong differs so much when you are in the center, than when you are in poor markets. I begged and begged not to go back to our hotel. I wanted to walk around exploring  the city, but we had to because the next day we were going to go to Disneyland.

            We had to take a train to go to Disneyland because it was in a little tiny island far from the peninsula. I was really excited because I have always wanted to go, I almost felt like I was a little kid again. I could not stop laughing and shouting, screaming and jumping around. When I first saw the entrance I literally stopped. I have seen Cinderella’s castle a lot of times in movies, but it was just so pretty in real life. I saw Minnie Mouse in the entrance and took a really cute photo with her. She hugged me and we danced while my dad took a video. It felt like I was not in the Earth anymore. It was like I was the main character in my own story, in my own fairytale. The buildings were magical; they were enchanted with details, and details. You could find there anything you imagined, since chocolate grocery shops, to gardens filled of roses. There was a huge Christmas tree with stockings on them, too. In the afternoon, we saw a parade in which princesses and princes danced around. I could feel the music in my bones. I wanted to dance and never stop, I have no idea how people can me make feel that way. I sat on a dazzling carrousel, and in attractions for children. It did not feel ridiculous, though.  Disneyland had a romantic fragrance that I will never forget.

            While we were in Hong Kong we went to an Amusement Park. We went there for two days straight because it was overwhelming. It was also the first time I have ever gone to an Amusement Park. I have to say that I was a little bit scared when I saw the snake like roller coaster flying in the sky like they were free.” Up, down, up down”, that was my neck’s reaction when I saw them. My mouth opened in surprise, the world stopped just a minute for me to realize that I was there, and I had to try everything I could. I could hear the loud screams in the background, children crying, teenagers laughing and told myself, “Bea, you are brave, you can do this.” I rode in ten times in ten different roller coasters, in sticky water, in smelly lands, and green forests. We were exhausting, and because we needed a break, we went to a show. It was incredibly amazing. There were dolphins, seals, and even sharks! They were together, but the sharks didn’t eat the other fishes, that are a really hard training job. I clapped when the dolphins swam between electric flame arcs. I felt like I couldn’t breathe for a moment, I didn’t want anything horrible happening to them, but for everybody’s sake, it turned out all right. The sharks and seals moved elegant across the water. It was so nice. And before we went back to our hotel, we rode in a boat. Just my family and I, we sat and looked around. We were in Hong Kong! I thought that I was the most fortunate girl in the whole, entire universe.

            It was time to come back home, but none of us wanted to. After the most cheerful and joyful vacations, we had to go back home. We had to go back to our boring lives, leaving behind a city in which I dreamed. I felt as if I was as powerful as a skyscraper. As exciting as a roller coaster, as cute as a fairy tale’s character. In Hong Kong, no one could stop me, neither in the dream land, nor in the amusement park because I felt real freedom.










No comments:

Post a Comment