Monday, June 4, 2012

How Oldin Lost HIs Eye


Reader’s Response:



Title: How Odin Lost His Eye                 

Student Name: Beatriz Zambrano Serrano

Genre: Fantasy                                                      

Pages: 858 – 860



1.     Identify and explain the meaning of a symbol in the story in a complete sentence.

The symbol in this story is selflessness because Odin drak out of the water of the truth just to safe his children, humans.     

2.     State the theme and defend it in a paragraph using details and examples from the story.

The theme in this story is that if you help someone, or try to help someone or just do something nice for a person, you will be remembered by them and many other people for the rest of your life. In this story, Odin is trying to protect his children, when he goes to Mimir trying to find out what to do to save his children.

3.     Describe the main internal and external conflict in the story and explain how it helps show something about the main character.

The external conflict is that Odin wants to safe his children from the elves and the ogres. But to do so he has to give away his beautiful eyes, which had looked over all his beautiful land and showed him what was right and what was wrong.

4.     Compare the lesson learned (theme) in this story to a similar lesson you or someone you know has experienced.

I help my friends back in Spain with their English homework all the time because they say that my English is better than theirs.

5.     Compare the symbol in this story to a similar symbol in your life or someone you know.

Another symbol for selflessness is when you help people without wanting to have any prices for it. I helped my mom with housework without wanting anything back.

6.     Compare the struggle in this story to a similar struggle you or someone you know has experienced.

My sister Lucia grounded me because I was being mean to her. She grounded with what, in that time, I liked most. I was grounded with one week without being able to go out with my friends, and with no computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment