Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pumpkin See and the Snake


Reader’s Response:



Title: Pumpkin Seed and the Snake

Student’s Name: Beatriz Zambrano Serrano

Genre: Fantasy

Pages: 861-865



1.    Identify and explain the meaning of a symbol in the story in a complete sentence.

The gold bubbles symbolized gold, and richness, but the green bubbles symbolized evilness.

2.    State the theme and defend it in a paragraph.

The theme of the story is that no one really is who it seems to be. You have to get to know the person to judge them. You can’t judge a book by its cover.

3.    Describe the main internal and external conflict.

Pumpkin Seed has the main internal conflict because she didn’t want to marry the snake. However, her mom convinced her to and that is the external conflict.

4.    Compare the lesson learned in this story to a similar lesson you or someone you know has experienced.

Once I met a really ugly boy, none of my friends liked him. But because we were neighbors, we had to talk. My mom told me that he was really nice and convinced me to go to play with him. When I really met him, I found out that he was kind, polite and really funny. That taught me that I everybody deserves a chance to be judged.

5.    Compare the symbol in this story to a similar lesson you or someone you know has experienced.

Another symbol for richness besides gold and jewels is your heart. If you are rich, but your heart is not, then you don’t worth anything. Your heart is more important than all the richness you can obtain.

6.    Compare the struggle to a similar struggle you or someone you know has experienced.

Arranges marriages like the one between the Snake and Pumpkin Seed are going on nowadays in the world. Some of them go well, but some of them don’t. That is why I think that everybody should decide who they want to be marry with.

No comments:

Post a Comment