Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kelfalas's Secret Something


Reader’s Response:


Title: Kelfala’s Secret Something

Student’s Name: Beatriz Zambrano Serrano

Genre: Fantasy

Pages: 866-871



1.    Identify the meaning of a symbol in the story.

Gituyo is a symbol of power, no man or women ever killed them, neither the biggest animals in the forest.

2.    State the theme and defend it in a paragraph.

The theme in the story is that Kelfala had to trick Walmbuna because he wanted her to marry him. However, the trick didn’t go as good as he thought it would go, and he was unable to marry her.

3.    Describe the main internal and external conflict.

The main internal conflict is that Kelfala has to think of something to make her talk to him, because the first man with who she talks will be her husband.

The main external conflict is between Kelfala and his friends. When he finally tricked her, his friends said that she talked to them, too, and so she had to be their wife as well.

4.    Compare the lesson learned (theme) to a lesson you or someone you know has experienced.

Not all the tricks end up as you expected. When I was little I tricked my mom saying that I finished all my homework and when to play with my friends. The next day, I did my homework in school. I thought that no one would find out. But, I forgot that a boy in my class saw me. He told the teacher, but I showed her my homework. Despite the fact that I had my homework, she called my mom and told her that I wasn’t doing my assignments in time. Then, I got in trouble.

5.    Compare a symbol in the story to a similar symbol in your life or someone you know.

The Gituyu was a symbol of power because no one would kill it. Another symbol that represents power is a gun because you can hurt someone really bad.

6.    Compare the struggle in the story to a similar struggle you or someone you know has experienced.

Their tradition was that the first time a woman talked to a man, that man would marry the women. They had that tradition so they would separate boys and girls. Also, so that the parents would be more involved and would be able to choose who their daughters marry to.

That is the same sort of thing as arrange marriages. The parents get to choose who their daughters are married to.

No comments:

Post a Comment