Monday, June 4, 2012

Brother Coyote and Brother Cricket


Reader’s Response:


Title: Brother Coyote and Brother  Cricket

Genre: Fantasy

Student’s Name: Beatriz Zambrano Serrano

Pages: 853-855



1.      Identify and explain the meaning of a symbol in the story.

The Coyote represented vain and boastful, while the little cricket represents hard working.

2.     State the theme and defend it in a paragraph.

The theme of this story is that you don’t have to be big to win; a little person can do the same things as big people. They can do even more if they work harder.

3.     Describe the main internal and external conflict.

The main internal conflict was that the Coyote thought that he and his army were going to smash the little crickets, but they didn’t.

The external conflict was between both armies when they were fighting in a battle for death.

4.     Compare the lesson learned to a similar lesson you or someone you know has experienced.

My friend thought that his Geography was so much better than mine. He didn’t study for the test, while in the meantime I did. And, I got a better grade than him. I was so happy that I rubbed it in his face, but he still said that he was better than me. I didn’t really care, though because there was a proof that he couldn’t ignore.

5.     Compare the symbols in this story to a similar symbol in your life or someone you know.

Another symbol for vanity was Narcissus, and he also got punished. Sometimes people that are super rich are very vainglorious because they have gold, they think that are pretty and that they are the best, but we have to be careful, vanity is not good at all.

6.     Compare the struggle in the story to a similar struggle you or someone you know has experienced.

I got in a completion with my cousin to see which one could swim better. Looking at our ages, everybody thought that he was going to win. He was thirteen at that time, and I was only eight. But because I practiced more than him, we got into a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment